One of the Constitutional rights to all American citizens is the fundamental right to a trial by jury. As an American citizen it is your privilege and duty to serve as a juror when called upon to do so. Failure to comply with a jury summons can result in a $100.00 fine and/or contempt of court.
Prospective jurors are randomly selected from the Florida Drivers License Database of US citizens who are residents of Broward County and are 18 years of age or older. Jurors may serve only once in a calendar year.
Jurors should report to the Broward County Central Courthouse Jury Assembly Room (located in the Judicial Complex, Room 380). Once in court, jurors will be qualified by the presiding judge and attorneys through the "voir dire" process to select individuals who will sit and hear the evidence of a trial.
ONLINE JURY EXCUSAL/POSTPONEMENT
[Click on the above link to request a one-time Juror Excusal/Postponement]
- This system will only process Jury Excusal/Postponement dates after 08/11/09.
- To login, you will need your Juror "Identification Number" which is located directly below the barcode on the Juror Summons sent to you by the Clerk of Court. You will also need to enter your date of birth in the following format "MM/DD/YYYY".
- You may submit a request to postpone your Jury Service only once. If you have previously postponed, you may not postpone again through the jury online service. If you require further assistance, please call Jury Service information at (954) 831-6091 [Tuesday - Friday, between 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM]
- All Juror Excusal/Postponement requests must be submitted online or mailed no less than 7 days prior to the report date.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where do Jurors Park?
- What should I expect when I arrive?
- What about compensation?
- How should I dress?
- What happens if I do not appear?
- How long is jury service?
Contact us by phone or fax
Jury Service Information: (954) 831-6091
[Tuesday - Friday, between 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM - PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT JURY SERVICES ON MONDAY'S OR THE DAY AFTER A COURTHOUSE HOLIDAY. In case of a hurricane warning or state of emergency call (954) 831-7051.]
Jury Service Fax: (954) 831-7054
Send Comments or Questions to: JuryServices@browardclerk.org*Please include Juror Name and ID number
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.