The Clerk's Office will be closed on Wednesday, October 5th, for Yom Kippur

Is your court hearing being held via Zoom? Learn more about Remote Court Hearings by Zoom.



Pursuant to Florida Statutes 39.0132(3), 985.05(2) and 984.06(3), all Juvenile records (delinquency and dependency) are confidential.

Due to strict confidentiality laws regarding juvenile cases, information can only be made available to the juvenile, parent or guardian, attorney for parent or child and select government officials with valid photo identification. Case information cannot be provided over the telephone.

Juvenile Delinquency

Any person under the age of 18 who has allegedly committed a law violation. The Juvenile Division is governed by F.S. 985 for Delinquency.

Department of Juvenile Justice
201 W Broward Blvd Ste 208
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 467-4381
Juvenile Dependency

All matters relating to any person under the age of 18 who has been abandoned, abused, neglected, surrendered for the purpose of adoption or Child/Family in Need of Services. The Juvenile Division is governed by F.S. 39 and F.S. 984 for Dependency.

Department of Children and Families
1400 W Commercial Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
(954) 375-6092

Request Juvenile Case Information

Requests for case information can be made in person, room 05180, or by mail. All requests must be accompanied by photo identification (driver license, passport or school ID). If the request is made by mail the copy of photo identification must be notarized and request must include name of juvenile, case number, and date of birth. When request is made by mail our office will contact you within 2 business days with the cost of the copies. Your request will be mailed upon receipt of payment.

Fees and Payment Options

Copies (per page) $1.00
Certification (per document) $2.00
Records Search (per year - if year of case is unknown) $2.00
Purge Letter (stating case record has been destroyed) $7.00

Forms of Payment

  • Cash, money order, or cashier's check (payable to Broward County Clerk of Courts)
    • Do not send cash by mail

Reschedule Court Dates

If you have a court date that you need to reschedule, please contact your attorney or notify the judge assigned to the case. Contact information for Juvenile Judges can be viewed on the 17th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida website under the 'Judges' tab. Unfortunately, the Clerk's Office is not authorized to reschedule juvenile court dates.

Restitution Payments

Making Restitution Payments

Restitution payments may be made in the form of a cashier’s check, certified check or money order. They may be paid in person or by mail at the address listed in the Contact Information section.

Please make the cashier’s check, certified check or money order payable to the Clerk of Courts. We cannot accept personal checks, and please do not send cash. Also, please be sure to:

  • Include the juvenile’s complete name, address and case number
  • Indicate in the note area that the payment is for "restitution"

Getting your Restitution Money

The Clerk’s Office may issue restitution payments to a victim only after receiving payments for that specific victim and as ordered by the court. Of course, if a defendant or juvenile does not make payments as ordered by the court, the victim may seek relief. Please contact the State’s Attorney Office at (954) 831-6960 for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Glossary of Terms

Contact Information

  • Central Courthouse
    Judicial Complex, West Building

  • 201 S.E. 6th Street
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
     Directions To This Location

  • 5th Floor, Room: 05180

  •  954-831-6492
  •  954-831-5666 - (Fax)

  • Monday - Friday
    8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

    Excluding Holidays